Tour Maryland Geology this Summer!
June 27, 2017
Summer is here! Why not explore the geology of our great state during the season?
MGS has some resources on our website that will help you get the most out of your geological trips:
- Start with our Tour Maryland Geology webpage; hunt for fossils or find a nice waterfall to take a break from the heat.
- Keep the kids happy on the way to your geological destination with Maryland's ancient sea creatures; Coloring and Activities Book, [Educational Series 8], Brezinski, D.K., 1999.
- For more detailed geological exploration in Maryland, check out these MGS Guidebooks:
- [GB 1] Coastal Plain geology of Southern Maryland, Glaser, J.D., 1968
- [GB 2] New interpretations of the eastern Piedmont geology of Maryland, Crowley, W.P., Higgins, M.W., Bastian, T., and Olsen, S., 1971
- [GB 3] Environmental history of Maryland Miocene, Gernant, R.E., Gibson, T.G., and Whitmore, F.C., 1971
- [GB 4] The Piedmont crystalline rocks at Bear Island, Potomac River, Maryland, Fisher, G.W., 1975
- [GB 5] Selected examples of carbonate sedimentation, Lower Paleozoic of Maryland, Reinhardt, J. and Hardie, L.A., 1976
- [GB 6] Carbonate ramps and reefs: Paleozoic stratigraphy and paleontology of Western Maryland, Brezinski, D.K., 1996